The Understanding Mental Health workshop has been designed to assist those working alongside people experiencing mental unwellness. Trainees will gain a greater understanding of mental health and some insight to the causes of mental unwellness. The importance of maintaining compassion and respect when engaging in a meaningful manner to promote the recovery process. Training is beneficial for preparation and upskilling of staff to enhancing best care outcomes for tangata whai ora and whanau.
- A greater understanding of the different disorders and their symptoms
- How to relate and interact with people experiencing mental unwellness
- The underlying reasons that can lead to mental disorders
- Build staff confidence to handle different situations that may arise
- The importance of effective communication skills to promote recovery
$100 ex GST per session